fredag den 24. januar 2014

The nude underbust


After making the NYE dress, I decided to modify the pattern from a 6 panel piece to a 7 panel, making it possible to create an even more dramatic silouette with a stronger hip to waist curve.


The nude underbust is a test run on that pattern, with a single layer of coutil, cotton twill tape for waisttape, spiralsteels and flatsteels as boning and cream satin for binding and lacing. Now, I did get a rather amazing figure from the corset, as I had modified it to reduce the waist 2,5 cm / 1 inch extra compared to the NYE dress. And it did fit as a dream.

...I just didn't take any pictures at the time.

I planned to make a photoshoot with it, with loads of cream and white colors, and I even started collecting nice accessories. And then I got pregnant.

Now, 5-6 months later (still rather pregnant btw), I'm not seeing a photoshoot happening for this little thing any time soon. So, in order for it to at least be shown, you get a picture of it on my mannequin. Unfortunately corsets just don't look as good on a non-squishable mannequin, so there are some rippling in the fabric around the waistline and the silouette is not as marked as it was in person.

Looking at it now, so many months later, I can see the potential to bring it to a new level, as I got some pretty lace in cream lying around and just got some new rhinestones that will match the color theme quite well. 

So this piece might just be my motivational treat to get my figure back, once everything calms down.



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar